homestead - Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:07:47 -0500

On Apr 26, 2008, at 12:40 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

But I do lust for streaming radio.

No streaming radio here on this lethargic dial up. But, I've rigged up a
long-wire antenna with a matching tank circuit (one giant coil and one giant
vari-capacitor from junk) and can get broadcast radio from just about anywhere, at
least during some times of the day.

Sounds like a good challenge for Don. My eyes crossed at tank circuit, crossed again at giant coil and went blind at giant vari-capacitor.

I've decided that my horror of certain subjects is due to some childhood trauma in which I was deeply involved with something complicated and after spending a huge amount of concentration and time on it, it all blew up. I am still trying to learn patience.