homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:22:17 EDT

> >Please provide an example.

Very well. The following should serve nicely:

> As you well
> know, my objection was--and still is--with the word bubble. I have
> explained that in detail but your selective memory has chosen to forget.

I haven't forgotten it, I just found it ridiculous. If you don't like the
word 'bubble', you could call it what you will. Asparagus, even. Then you
could tell everyone that it was really just a housing asparagus, not a
bubble.
Trouble is, when virtually everyone in real estate, economics, finance, and
government is calling it a 'bubble', your calling it something different
means you
will not be understood, Mr Always Writing with the Utmost Clarity.

In the economic use of the word, 'bubble' doesn't mean the asset has to go to
zero when the bubble deflates, it only has to return to its fundamental value.

You said it was just another cycle and, ho hum, you'd seen them come and go
and this one was no different. Do you still maintian that it is no different
than any other housing cycle you've seen? Don't want to dwell on negative
news, you told us. That's what I mean by glossing over and seeing less than
is
really there.

> > "Making more of a statement" is refered to by others as seeking a
> > deeper
> > understanding.
>
> Putting words in someone's mouth; stating that they said something
> that they did not say, is not seeking deeper understanding, it is
> simply a shameful tactic. Some would call it lying.

</HTML>