homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:57:52 EDT

> Speaking for myself, I don't think I'll be voting for any of them. IMO,
> no true leaders there....

This is the crux of the matter. We vote the way we'd like to see a majority
of our copatriots vote. And what I'd like to see is a boycott of the polls
show a clear no-confidence vote. So right now the most effective political
stand is to not vote for any of the miscreants.

Once one clears from one's eyes the glitter of the golden boy "change the way
we are changing the changes" drivel, you have three candidates that are in
all essentials identical. The exact same way people are saying that Obama's
real meaning was that the real issues are being ignored so the only thing
left to
people is guns and religion, he and the other two stooges in this current
slapstick are doing exactly the same thing.

The real political reality we are dealing with, and what makes the starry
eyed Obamistas wrong-headed if not dangerous, is the belief that the
government
or a leader can fix anything. Some things are beyond fixing. If you bought
new vehicle and didn't change the oil for seven years, chosing this brand of
oil over that one won't reverse the damage. Yet that's exactly the nature of
this election cycle.

The dollar is bidding fair to become insolvent because it represents nothing.
It DID represent a medium of exchange in oil trafficking, but that is
passing away now. Several million people thought their income was settled
for life
because they bought a house (or houses) that would appreciate without ceasing
and now they are depreciating, and will for fifteen to twenty years. We have
educated (indoctrinated) an entire generation of people to fare in a world
that no longer exists. My list would go on and on.

There are things you can't just 'change the changes we are changing' and fix
them. There are some things you have to prepare yourself to endure, or
thrive
in as your turn may be.

It doesn't matter a whit whom we you elect. Dropping out of the whole mess
might matter if enough people did it. </HTML>