homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 16:12:57 -0700

At 4/5/2008 07:23 AM,EarthNSky wrote:

Latitude is interesting to think about. Yeah, you have the sun's
influence, but more importantly, you have ocean currents and large
bodies of water that influence things, too.

Latitude is interesting. My latitude here in Washington state is within 2 minutes of our latitude in Minnesota but the climate is VERY different. Ocean currents and large bodies of water do influence things and (for me) that's a good thing.
I was at http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/PacificSatellite.aspx?enlarge=true and noticed that you can see Red Lake in MN, just follow it over to the west coast. Almost a straight line. After I noticed that I had to get the globe down.

Speaking of weather and climate and spring (my sure sign of spring is bugs on the car windshield, I haven't seen any yet) just the last 2 mornings have been above freezing.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA