homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:16:44 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Yeah, while I was playing with Google Earth earlier I did a search on your signature latitude, so now I have a marker labeled Bev&Ron. Btw, that number you have down there in your sig points to woods. Is that your building cluster just north, at the south edge of a large field?

Yes, that's my pasture. I've sent some altered aerial pics to help you identify it.

At least now, 100% of
the sediment is caught by filter. It's cool. Over time, I'm told that
we may not need a filter at all.

Excellent. Out in west Arizona, my parents' 100' well needed a filter all the time, up to when the town put in a system and shut down the wells.

They used high pressure water to 'drill' the hole, and that pushed all the silt back into the karst. I think it will take multiple years for us to get enough rainwater to wash out all the silt. We'll see.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky