homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:48:01 -0700

Well, I will be leaving from Hollister in a few weeks and heading east to a little hollow in the Ozarks. According to my mapping program it is about 1920 miles and should take about 40 hours of driving. I will have the trailer so short stops along the way are easy. I usually take back roads but this time I am hoping that the Interstate will get me better fuel mileage. Plus the intent is to get there.

Route is Holister to I-5 to 58 into Bakersfield through Mojave where I may stop and see some of my stuff then to Barstow where I catch I-40. I-40 takes me to I-44 in Oklahoma City then to Springfield. Us 60 to Mansfield then 5 south. Some back roads that I may have forgotten and eventually a nice beer.

Don Bowen KI6DIU