homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:39:37 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Apr 4, 2008, at 8:43 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

I'm guessing you are talking about the weather..lol

The weather forecast sites I use showed serious tornado activity in NW Georgia, including Rome and Floyd County.

Well, if you are looking at a map, you can see that Floyd county has a finger-like part pointing north. I live just to the east (my property borders the county line on the west) of the tip of that 'finger', so I am north of Rome by about 20 miles or so(speaking of latitudes). Most of the weather went south of me last night as we benefit from the protection of the ridges.

That is excellent news. I'm sure I was not alone in being concerned over your water situation. How is the new well now?

It is really nice to have abundant water. I'm not wasteful now mind you, but it is nice to be able to wash both dishes and clothes, and THEN take a shower if I want, without having to wait for the well to recharge or worry about running out of water. The well is still developing, that is, we still have some silt coming out, but we discovered that we were using the wrong capacity filters in our system, and once we got the right filter, no more sediment inside the house. At least now, 100% of the sediment is caught by filter. It's cool. Over time, I'm told that we may not need a filter at all.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky