homestead - Re: [Homestead] OMG! Speaking of Politics

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OMG! Speaking of Politics
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 19:50:01 -0400

Lynda wrote:
O.K., all you Libertarians out there, care to explain how Bob Barr became a possible Libertarian presidential candidate?

Lynda

I know, I saw that!!! It shocked the pants off of me, too! Who would have figured on that? Just a few years ago he was interviewing me for a jury pool! He lives in the conservative county where I grew up.

But seriously, I think people-all people, even politicians- are tired of the status quo and are looking for a different tack. His work with the ACLU seems to have a changing force, but methinks all this change might have developed from a literal change of heart. I suspect there is a more liberal woman behind it all...he was always known as a womanizer.

It's funny, this is the one candidate that I have actually met in person, the only one who has represented me in the past, and I certainly like him better than Ron Paul, but I don't know if he is ready to be POTUS. I will give serious thought to all of this, being the Libertarian that I am..lol..
And btw, I heard that he WAS a candidate, not a possible candidate...

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky