homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 06:12:06 -0500

On Apr 5, 2008, at 5:36 AM, Jeanne Driese wrote:

Bev & Gene,
Here in NE TN we are about two weeks behind Bev and a week behind Gene, I am still enjoying the bulbs and the fruit trees, the redbuds are beginning to show and the dogwoods are still small little balls. With all the rain and lack of sun they may take a bit longer,

That is interesting, in that our latitudes are almost the same. I would have expected very similar natural cycles. Google Earth shows that I am at 36.44N latitude and that the Skeen scoundrel skulks around at about 36.35

I will report on when I see the first dogwood blooms. That will be a good comparison.