homestead - Re: [Homestead] MagicHeat

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] MagicHeat
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:34:46 +0000

warren, i live in the wilds of the arkansas ozarks and there are plenty
junked washing machines around, let me tell you! we cleaned our portion of
the wild up and threw out several at the recycling center. i am interested in
how your campfire tub works, might be something i'll try with the next washer
that goes out.

speaking of gadgets, i think the washing machine is an invention that will do
a job better and faster than a wringer/washer or rocks in a stream would do
by hand. i know i certainly appreciate it. i have washed clothes in a
wheelbarrow of icy spring water before... it isn't something i think i could
get really happy doing, my hands kept going numb, but it is something i can
do in a pinch ;)

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com