homestead - Re: [Homestead] MagicHeat

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] MagicHeat
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:00:51 EST

> > I think a better solution is and upside down
> > "Y" connection, whereby you can use any fan to induce air in an upward
> > direction creating a vacuum between the stove and "Y". A 20.00
> > bathroom
> > exhaust fan could be ducted into the "Y" cheaply using metal dryer
> > pipe and
> > various fittings.

Warren, I'd be afraid that the flue might have other ideas about what is
"up", that is, once your induced air is at the crux of the "y", it's
direction
depends on the relative pressure above and below that juncture. If the air
movement over the chimney suddenly causes a positive pressure there, your fan
could
be blowing smoke into the room.

James </HTML>