homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hand tools-for firewood

  • From: Melody Oliphant <melody AT feedngrow.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hand tools-for firewood
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:45:57 -0700

Melody Oliphant wrote:
Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
Hi clansgian...do you have a first name?
Well...ya won't hear me complainin' about lack of work...I'm seventy years old and still goin' strong...don't think I will be seizing up and
One of the foremost is this: Whether the homesteader views work as a friend or whether he views it as the enemy. Whether we take pide and satisfaction in having more or being more. Have less, be more.

<snip>
Like homesteading, it's a matter of degrees and orientation. Do we reach farther toward real self-sufficiency and an increase in our skill and capacity no matter where it is that we begin, or do we abdicate that freedom for the gadget myth?

James </HTML>
I really appreciate this wisdom, James. I moved to town a few years ago and have been waiting to be "a homesteader" until we go back to the country. A silly thought, since it has been 5 years and the country is no closer to a reality now than it was even two years ago.
Homesteading is more of a mindset than a location, I do believe, and I intend to start doing what I have procrastinated all of these years waiting for a change in location.

Melody
James, I quoted from you on my blog(http://homeiswheremyheartis.wordpress.com/), I hope it is alright with you. If not, I will take it down. I attributed the quote from "a poster on my homestead list", but I will be happy to add your name if you'd prefer, or take it down altogether if you'd rather not have your words up there.

Your words were a great springboard for thought for me this morning.

Just let me know.
Thanks
Melody