homestead - Re: [Homestead] nuclear waste and other science boondogles

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] nuclear waste and other science boondogles
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:55:12 -0400

Bev, good to hear from you!
Here in TN we are slowly dying, especially me on the side of a slate based
hill. Now the battle is to keep the perenials alive. The volunteer fire
departments are putting water in some of the ponds for the cattle. It is
hard to find much in the way of local produce now. It has been an
interesting year to say the least.
We have had a 1/2 inch of rain in September and none in July or August and,
as you say, October is normally our driest month with no more than an inch in
a normal year.
Jeanne in NE TN