homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:36:46 -0800

Wind power, natural gas from all those capped wells in Montana, Wyoming, etc. Conservation. No free passes for big business.

Anyone have any idea how much sawdust each year goes into the waste heap that could be used for producing power?

I'll bet if someone stopped long enough to think about it that the current in the Aquaduct could be put to use. That is one strong current!

Perhaps the old LP pulp mill should be an example for other companies!

And, for those that aren't familiar with the LP pulp mill, other than perhaps having driven past it before it went chlorine free <g>, they use wood waste to produce all the power they need to run one of the largest pulp mills in the U.S. PLUS power the two or three towns that are near them.

There are lots of options but the nuclear and coal folks choose not to look at them inorder to defend what they are doing.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

No more power plants of any kind until we can solve the problem of
removing the tops of mountains and ruining groundwater for hundreds of
years and no more nuclear until we can find a place for the waste
then?

I'm sure that enforced conservation (or doing without) would be good
for the air at least.