homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 06:30:50 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:
On 9/22/07, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
Ah yes, the brilliance once again of the DOE. Let's put the nuclear waste
dump right smack dab in the middle of a major earthquake zone. Sheesh, the
DOE's own facilities out in that region have been damaged by earthquakes.

So... where do you want to put it?
In the children's bedrooms of the people who got the gain from it? The companies that produced it, the lobbiests, the politicians, the universities declaring it safe. Add the people in university programs and companies promoting to produce more. Surely in such minute quantities they'd all agree it was a safe level. Otherwise they can spend that gain on finishing their usage. It has to be considered in the stream not as a separate entity!

I appreciate looking at disposal besides military use but injecting the planet anywhere is a global decision, whether in the ocean or earth's mantle. Keep responsibility with profit for a sane economy.

Kathyann
(Gene, I think I understand how peaceful people get cranky)