homestead - Re: [Homestead] nuclear waste and other science boondogles

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] nuclear waste and other science boondogles
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:55:46 -0800

Wow, how different from state to state. Here no rain from July through October is the norm with the days routinely running from 90 to 115.

We look at it as a drought when our winter rain and snow are less than normal.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>

Bev, good to hear from you!
Here in TN we are slowly dying, especially me on the side of a slate based hill. Now the battle is to keep the perenials alive. The volunteer fire departments are putting water in some of the ponds for the cattle. It is hard to find much in the way of local produce now. It has been an interesting year to say the least.
We have had a 1/2 inch of rain in September and none in July or August and, as you say, October is normally our driest month with no more than an inch in a normal year.