homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:41:50 -0800

Ah yes, the brilliance once again of the DOE. Let's put the nuclear waste dump right smack dab in the middle of a major earthquake zone. Sheesh, the DOE's own facilities out in that region have been damaged by earthquakes.

And, have they never heard the old saying about putting all your eggs in one basket. By all means, start sending a bunch of trucks all to one area. Why not simple put a bullseye on the thing and say "terrorist apply here."

Of course, those are the same folks that thought it would be brilliant to put the power plant in Eureka right smack dab on a fault line AND in a swamp that is an old delta that will turn to quicksand/mud if there is another big quake up that way. AND the brilliant soles that have "lost" about half the spent rods from up there.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

Yes, which is why one of the plans for Yucca Mountain would make that
valuable waste retrievable for reprocessing when we finally realize we
really, really need it.