homestead - [Homestead] A homestead model

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] A homestead model
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:50:36 -0700

On Jun 20, 2007, at 6:49 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

It is what I have preached for years to, alas, an empty choir. Here we do
just about everything with hand tools. And yet we are never in a hurry, produce
plenty and to spare, and there's all the time in the world for fishing,
playing music, blathering amongst ourselves, ...... and such foolishness as the
internet.

Keep in mind that we also maintain this lifestyle with absolutely no cash
inputs except what our own hands and labor produce. There's no social security,
disability, retirement, settlement, stipend, nor is there any government
assistance for fuel, food, medicine (which we almost never use anyway), or any such.

It is a very lovely symphony and I congratulate you for having done the orchestration. Your children will be well-prepared to deal with life when they leave the family homestead.

The best teaching is by example. Use yours to help others. I would encourage you to write a small book about how you and your family live. Self-publish. Spend no money on marketing. Use your learned values and Internet savvy on how to get it out to those who would benefit.