homestead - [Homestead] EVOO, was Potatoes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] EVOO, was Potatoes
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:59:49 -0700

On Mar 19, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Lynda wrote:

Should I mention that husband #1 was Italian (Tuscany) and husband #2 is
Italian (Naples). The best part, though, is that I got a lot of Noni's
(#1's grandmother) recipes.

So, heaven forbid that I should use anything except EVOO <g>

That's all I use, also, except for Canola (plus butter) on popcorn. Not sure if I want to start telling people I cook with evoo, but it is a conversation starter.

So what is your collected wisdom of the issue of cold-pressed? The bottle next to the stove says Cold Pressed and Packed in Italy; the new bottle in the pantry, otherwise exactly the same, says only Packed in Italy. Looks like Trader Giotti is trying to sneak one by me.