homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shopping trip

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shopping trip
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:02:30 -0800

EarthNSky wrote:

Bill Jones wrote:

I get it. The seed is so cheap at bulk bin prices anyway. Even then, it's a little hard to grind it and leave the seed coat behind. Luckily in our coffee grinder the soft yellow middlin' clings to the lid, producing very nice mustard powder from brown mustard seed.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

You know, I never...lol...thought of doing that..I guess I could buy organic seed, at least once, so that I could try it and see it if was worth the effort..mustard is cheap..

Bev

I've played around with it some. Adding vinegar to mustard, or using boiling water instead of cold, will reduce the firey heat.

Bill
S. Oregon coast