homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shopping trip

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shopping trip
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:59:03 -0600

On 2/7/07, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

So, not just Southwest residents and fanciers anymore-- dirt-clean,
Midwest corn-and-hog yummers also lean toward fiery tongue candy?

One of the most popular restaurants in Springfield is a Thai place
where the mild version has plenty of authority. My niece, Emily, who
recently turned 21, grew up slurping down their lemon grass soup
(which only comes in mild+). She also thought that horseradish was a
vegetable. And we have real horseradish here, living as we do so near
the Horseradish Capital of the World.

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/egg/egg1296/horscap.html

Emily comes by her liking for spicy food naturally: her grandmother
(my mother) favors hot Mexican and Indian and Thai chow and does what
she can to support those restaurants in Springfield.

We are not Cheesers, sir!

Marie