homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solar and wind

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solar and wind
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:25:55 -0800

At 2/7/2007, you wrote:
I'm just looking for generator only, Bev! We're fairly anti-internal
combustion here.

Generator heads are available from Northern Tool. These are designed to be driven by a tractor PTO. For an all 12V system, automotive alternators are compatible with Pelton wheel hydro speeds. Automotive alternators are available with several hundred Amp capacity. The one on my pickup is rated for 170 Amps.

For Gasoline powered generators, I have two Honda Eu2000i units. These are ultra quiet high efficiency generators and they can be paralleled together for more power. They are pricey but well worth it.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.