homestead - Re: [Homestead] Unpreparedness

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Unpreparedness
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:09:43 -0800

Bill Jones wrote:

The final component of inefficiency arises because of our pump's need to disconnect its air tube once per cycle to allow refilling, losing all the pressurized air in the tube. It the valve is *above ground*, then we lose 100' of air tube's worth every cycle.

Oops! Make that "below ground". Why would there be 100' of air tube if the valve can be located right near the pump? This illustrates the tragedy of "antonym aphasia"...

Never mind, I had it right the first time. Sorry. Nowadays I would be one of those special "dyslexic" kids with an excuse for failing.

Bill