homestead - Re: [Homestead] Swamp, was This and That

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Swamp, was This and That
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:57:57 -0800

Lynda wrote:

In the other areas we are looking at some of the things you suggested.

I thought the swamp oak was quite a find. I've seen them before. It's called Quercus bicolor because the undersides of the leaves are a yellowish color, different from the tops. Mine got eaten by deer but I'd like to try another.

If you have any trouble because of the non-uniqueness of common names, I can get the botanical names of those plants.

Anyway, as I say, hundreds more exist; I just happened to specify "edible use" on the PFAF Advanced Search.

Bill
S. Oregon coast