homestead - Re: [Homestead] Swamp, was This and That

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Swamp, was This and That
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:03:41 -0800

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

I would like to add a question to that. Where in the
world did anyone get the idea that looking pretty is
not useful.
I also fail to understand the idea that a plant has
value only when as it applies to humankind and our
limited values based on physical and commercial wants.
Van Dell

When I lived in California I had a big collection of succulents. Now, I feel that there's little time left in which to gather all the most useful plants and evaluate their potential for growing here. Homesteading, for me, is not primarily about making plants happy, but us. When our retirement income falls short of what we were hoping for, I won't care about daisies much. We already live in such a naturally pretty place.

Bill
S. Oregon coast