homestead - Re: [Homestead] Swamp, was This and That

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Swamp, was This and That
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 21:28:59 -0800

There is more than one area, Bill. There is one area where we were going to put in a French drain but now considering, we'll probably plant the willow (some cork screw because I can sell branches for some pretty good money), cat tails because they suck up water like a sponge and the iris will serve two purposes, the eye which needs some beauty for peach and serenity AND I weave baskets and iris are great for use in basketweaving.

In the other areas we are looking at some of the things you suggested.

BTW, your post came after the others and my post you are responding to was sent prior to receiving your suggestions.

I have saved them all.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

Sorry, I only did research into useful plants. If you're just looking
for pretty space-takers, the list of suitable plants is much, much longer.

Bill
S. Oregon coast