homestead - Re: [Homestead] Routasigner

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Routasigner
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:36:46 -0700

I think cypress and cedar signs made to order could be a simple source
of homestead income. A friend gave me one years ago when I first settled
at the pond that says "Salamasond". We mounted it on a crooked post at
the edge of the water and it takes on a more "Suessian" appearance as
the years go by.

Just about every festival I have attended in the Ozarks has at least one guy in a booth making custom signs. I've not asked any of them how well they do, but they seem to be reasonably busy.

What does Salamasond refer to?