homestead - Re: [Homestead] Routasigner

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Routasigner
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:56:27 -0500

>>horse) on the front. The Routasigner is the same model as
>>the one Warren found on ebay... If the template has upright
>>letters, why should it route upright? Everything seems to be
>>set properly...I just don't get it.

I don’t get it either but I'll tell you what- I wouldn’t be above having
that trophy making friend I mentioned make a couple letter templates
with the opposite slant to see what happened. You could probably cut one
or two from thin cardboard to try it out. The angle is likely 15
degrees- that used to be the lettering angle for engineered drawings
back in the days when we lettered by hand. (Architectural lettering had
no slant).

Warren