homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cloned animals safe to eat

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cloned animals safe to eat
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:00:49 -0700

The more
cloned animals that are raised, if this becomes truly economically
viable, the less genetic diversity there will be. Genetic diversity,
in my opinion anyway, is part of our food security.

Absolutely. This is one reason I support open-pollinated seed sources. There is, I believe, a government seed bank in Colorado. But who wants to rely on the government to take care of serious issues like food?