homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cloned animals safe to eat

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cloned animals safe to eat
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:17:05 -0800 (PST)

My major concern is that if something unexpected
happens it might be too late to correct. Example:
for some unknown reason the 10th generation after
cloning has an undesirable mutation. With the old
system of selective breeding, I'm sure, that would be
cought before it became a problem. With cloning and
any genetic manipulation the negative carachtoristic
might already be passed on before it could be stopped.
Sounds like an old science fiction movie? yes! But
I'm afraid there would be no entertaining drama with
this.
Van Dell