homestead - [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 14:42:40 -0700

Too much insurance is dangerous to your health.

Including mental health. Insurance is dangerous in that it skews one's attitude toward important issues. Better to have no insurance and act prudently, whether for health or safety. Insurance companies are in business to make profit. Keep that profit for yourself. We spend money otherwise sent to insurance companies on the best food we can find, a superior vehicle, books, building materials and other preferences. Without the burden of insurance premiums one can live large on a small budget. A small budget means less time spent earning income and also a smaller tax bill. Win-win.