homestead - Re: [Homestead] Schools

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Schools
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:28:51 -0800

At 12/6/2006 07:33 PM,Marie McHarry wrote:

So now, on the other end of life, do you think Alzheimer's in a
neurological disorder or are those old folks just willfully gaga?

Marie

http://www.mad-cow.org/Alzheimer_cjd.html

>>A clinical series with 13% of Alzheimer actually CJD

Manuelidis, Elias E. and Laura Manuelidis Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders_ 3 (1989): 100-109 Suggested Links between Different Types of Dementias: Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, Alzheimer Disease, and Retroviral CNS Infections

"In our own neuropathological material, in 46 cases diagnosed clinically as AD [(Alzheimer's)], 6 cases were proven to be CJD at autopsy [13%}."<<

http://www.albionmonitor.com/9706a/madpig.html

>>But does the CDC really know how many Americans contract CJD? Evidence indicates that CJD may often be misdiagnosed, and thus go unreported. A 1989 study at the University of Pittsburgh autopsied the brains of 54 patients who had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and discovered that three of the patients (5.5 percent of the sample) actually had CJD. A 1989 study at Yale University reported similar findings. Postmortem examination of 46 patients who had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's revealed that six (13 percent of the sample) actually had CJD. The New York-based Consumers Union, which publishes Consumer Reports, argued in a paper presented to the USDA, "Since there are over 4 million cases of Alzheimer's disease currently in the United States, if even a small percentage of them turned out to be CJD, there could be a hidden CJD epidemic." <<

Mysteries and more mysteries....

Rob
becida AT comcast.net