homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mad Cow Disease

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mad Cow Disease
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:39:17 -0600

On 12/9/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

If I must have a point--and when did that become a requirement on
this list?--it would be that mad cow disease is much ado about not
much to be ado about.

At least so far fear of mad cow disease isn't about to bring the
country to its knees (if you don't worry about the government making
you register all your livestock, including chickens, under penalty of
law), which is unfortunately not the case with regard to fear of
terrorism.

You're certainly right about having a point -- I just get irritable
when anyone brings up naturalness when they're arguing about something
being safe. (Of course, I'm sure I do it myself -- 'natural' has
become one of the good words, right up there with 'motherhood'.

Marie