homestead - Re: [Homestead] Club memberships

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Club memberships
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:32:10 -0800 (PST)

I'm not fond of Walmart, though I don't make a big
deal about it because my sisinlaw works there. In
addition to the reasons already mentioned it is on the
other side of town and I don't like the big store.

I also have a preference for main street and for local
businesses. I buy my gas at the small supermarket in
Huntsville near where I will be living. Don't compare
prices, assume it costs more but I can accept that
because I want to help make sure that they stay in
business.

It is easier for me to take this attitude because I am
not struggling financially. When we were raising kids
we could not afford that attitude. I guess now I feel
we are giving a little to the community.

I would be interested in a little feedback. I'm sure
that along with our preference for self sufficiency
most of us are concerned with our local communities.
Or is that just my ideal?

Van Dell