homestead - Re: [Homestead] Club memberships

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Club memberships
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 00:47:40 -0600

EarthNSky wrote:
I've heard some say that i could just walk up and buy an card, but my acquaintance said that she didn't think the stores would allow that as they check id cards .
Ours does one day or one month trials. You pay a percentage (like 10% more) to trial shop. They always let you look.
I find the stats I've seen are accurate. About 30% are actually lower than say Target but if it is the ones I need it can be worth it. I get a membership with my Mom and split the cost. When it is going to lapse we stock up and let it go until one of us needs something. Then we join with a new person coupon. BJs is the one by us that does tires, dog food, cat litter, biodegradable soap, frozen orange juice, and a discount on our heating oil. Not much else for me (it's mostly overprocessed or stinky scented stuff) Sometimes a present for a kid birthday party pops in. Oh, and inkjet cartridges.

Costco $10 off membership
http://www.costco.com/Images/Content/Misc/PDF/06C0409_C_UW.pdf

BJs Trial
http://www.bjs.com/join/one_day_pass.shtml