homestead - Re: [Homestead] Club memberships

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Club memberships
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:00:30 -0500

Hi,
I dislike Walmart for the reasons that Bev stated. But I am living on only
Social Security and being a teacher I never earned any big bucks so my
income is under $700 a month. Being able to buy gas for $2.00 a gallon as
opposed to $2.11 adds up since I have to travel at least15 miles, one way,
no matter where I go. Sigh! Supporting locally owned businesses,
including farmers, is of high importance to me.
Just last week I completed my Master Gardening Class and traveled 80 miles
twice a week to a neighboring county because the one I live in does not
offer the class.
My passion is teaching about organic gardening thus having the certificate
gives me more "credibility" even though I have been gardening organically
for over 4o years!

jeanne13 AT earthlink.net