homestead - Re: [Homestead] Community support and big-box stores

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Community support and big-box stores
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:49:43 -0600

On 11/21/06, VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com> wrote:
Walmart is also encouraging their suppliers to cut
down on the amount of packaging. Am I the only one
who hates blister packages

I had the opportunity to know the lovely Irish gentleman who invented
many kinds of packaging including the damnable blister pack. He was
killed outright when driving back from the east coast with his son --
the son was moving house but he and his father were both killed at a
toll stop on I-94.The son was tired, and fell asleep just before he
plowed into the poor devil paying his toll ahead of him.

Packaging is getting better.

I still keep a box cutter handy when I bring a packaged item home. And
I think of John and his son every time I slice a blister pack open.

Marie