homestead - Re: [Homestead] Club memberships

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Club memberships
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:20:28 -0800

Misunderstanding...
You said Sam's was close, they will let you in to look around, even buy without a card (you pay like 5% more). Just tell the checker at the door that you want to look around.
Take a good look and see if it's worth it to you, if it is go pay your $40 and get your card. If it's not then at least you know.
Good luck and have fun!

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
ps/ they have never carded me at the lunch stand if something looks good to you.<G>

At 11/19/2006 09:08 PM,EarthNSky wrote:

Rob wrote:

> Go there and take a look, you'll see if you are going to save the $40
> (plus the gas) or not just by walking thru it and pricing what you buy.
> FWIW I use enough yeast that it was worth the 120 mile trip (one way)
> to Grand Forks, ND just to buy yeast at Sam's Club when I was in MN.
> Out here Costco is a lot closer than Sam's Club so that's what we joined.

No Costco here that I am aware of, maybe in Atlanta, but nowhere close.
Two people have told me that they won't let you in if you are not a
member or a guest of a member. I only know one member, and she goes to
the Chattanooga store since she lives 30 minutes closer to it than I do.
The Rome store is closer for me, but obviously, further for her.
The acquantance/member suggested buying a membership online, so that is
what I am considering.
I've heard some say that i could just walk up and buy an card, but my
acquaintance said that she didn't think the stores would allow that as
they check id cards .

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky