homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:26:08 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2006 1:01:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net writes:

Well, Ron is the mechanic in the family and I have chosen not to learn
about the inner workings of modern automobiles, but hearing stories like
that, of inventions or innovations that never make it to everyday life,
makes me think that they are true, for the most part, but they are
stopped or thwarted by special interest groups, in this case it would
seem like automakers and the oil companies would doubleteam to squash
this one.

I have seen a program on this, (maybe mythbusters) where they tested many of
these ideas and not one of them resulted in improved mileage and a few were
very dangerous. I have also read in Pop Mechanics that these , so far, are
all
frauds that don't work. Doesn't mean there will never be one, but so far, no
quick fix.

Drew