homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:51:24 -0500

Don Bowen wrote:

7000 feet below the sea surface then another 28,000 feet. This is expensive oil. And it is in the middle of a hurricane spawing ground.

Expensive initially, yes, but in the long run? I don't know. No
pipelines to build-we gotta build more refineries anyway. This
shouldn't cost any more to refine than the crude we buy from OPEC, and
since it is lighter to begin with, it might even cost less.
Yes, the Gulf is a spawning ground for hurricanes, but the Gulf is not
the ONLY place deep oil exists. Huge reserves can probably be found off
the coast of West Africa in the Southern Hemisphere, not that I think
that is a better place, but I am just remarking that deep oil could be
anywhere, even on land.
And by the way, that 28K includes the 7000 ft of water depth.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky