homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:00:36 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

What do you make of all those claims that some engineer or the other
came up with a carburator or fuel system that makes the ordinary car
get 120 mpg?

Well, Ron is the mechanic in the family and I have chosen not to learn about the inner workings of modern automobiles, but hearing stories like that, of inventions or innovations that never make it to everyday life, makes me think that they are true, for the most part, but they are stopped or thwarted by special interest groups, in this case it would seem like automakers and the oil companies would doubleteam to squash this one.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky