homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:40:35 EST

> , but hearing stories like
> that, of inventions or innovations that never make it to everyday life,
> makes me think that they are true,

You've side stepped the point. If X quantity of gasoline chemically contains
Y joules of energy, and it takes Y joules of energy to move a car 100 feet,
do you really think there is a device that suddenly makes the car lighter or
puts more chemical energy into the gasoline?

You know that it takes one calorie to raise the temp of 1 cc of water one
degree C. What if someone said they'd invented a gas burner whereby all of
that
is out the window and you could now raise the temp of twenty litres of water
one degree using only one calorie of energy ... the super efficient gas
burner!

Did the laws of physics change?

To move a vehicle of a certain weight takes a certain amount of energy - no
matter the source. Gasoline has a finite and known amount of energy. You
don't have to be a mechanic to understand this.

But do you see then how that under the sway of our cornucopian mind set we
put all reason and critique aside?