homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:56:01 EST

In a message dated 11/13/2006 12:51:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

I have never doubted that energy users would increasingly have to
make do without inexpensive oil. I do read about new discoveries and
new sources, most notably under the ocean. I continue to believe that
the primary issue is not supply, but price. Both sun and Earth's core
have essentially unlimited heat. As prices become more painful, more
attention will be paid to alternative forms of energy. We will all
adjust according to our needs and our purchasing power.

I could not agree more, I have never really considered oil shortages a
crises. Once prices rise enough, it will become economically wise to move on
to a
better source of energy, and we will.

Drew