homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 01:01:18 -0500

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

good, I have a couple weeks actually week 52, after xmas and another
in July. In some ways I prefer the winter week, still can ride
horses, more peaceful than summer, just a bit chilly

They stopped the National Forest rides, did you know?
For now, they are only riding the resort land behind Alpine Ranch, or
making the loop to the dam and back in the woods by Country Hideaway. I
think by next summer, they will have a resort circuit ride around the
lake-they were making trails when we were there.

A friend and I were talking about this very thing yesterday morning.
Apparently a year or so ago, they made a law that forbade horseback
riding on NF roads and trails. She heard that it was repealed last
summer, but wasn't sure if it was true. Maybe someone here will know.
We live off miles and miles of NF roads and trails that just beg for
horses, so it would be great if it really was nixed. Funny, they let 4
wheelers ride here, and cars, but no horses. That's just stupid, IMO.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky