homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:47:07 -0700

SISU! wrote:

Hmmm. Why would your winter capacity be lower if you get most of your
rain in the winter?

My land is green without rain all summer because it's in a little draw where the water runs through. In winter it's much colder.

don't intend to push it to the limit, because they start gnawing tree
bark. At this point I keep animals only seasonally, since I'm a snowbird, but within 5 years we'll both be able to move here full
time. Just in time, eh? I hope so.

You're a snowbird?? Where else do you live?

S. California.

I think I've decided to freeze the Gewurztraminer on the stems. Think of how easy it will be to separate the tiny pedicels and underformed grapes by shaking the frozen marbles in a hardware cloth basket, later when there's more time to do it.

Bill
S. Oregon