homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hippies

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hippies
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:37:08 -0700

How long were you there, Gene? Not that I was college age at the time but us slightly younger Northern California brats were in SF routinely (I was born there) and then in '63 we were routinely at Peoples Park over at Bezerkley. Hey, we could have passed each other on the road!

Lynda

P.S. Bev flunked matchmaking <g>
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Well, you could be a child of hippies which of course would make you
a flower warrior, how's that for an antithetical anachronism? In 1961
I attended Hastings College of Law in San Francisco. My walk-up flat
was at 720 Haight Street, in the soon-to-be infamous Haight-Ashbury
district. Beatniks like Kerouac and Ginsburg were yesterday. I failed
to find them in North Beach coffee-houses. The drugged and open-sex
hippies were incubating. Stephen Gaskin was still in college.

I had this picture
of Lynda and Bill, and well, I decided to change that to "make
peace"...thought it would be more appropriate and that they'd appreciate
that better....LOL....

In addition to your many known attributes, it is now revealed that
you are a natural matchmaker.