homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:25:46 -0700

Well, "Lynda", I've provided your feeble little brain everything it takes to prove me wrong. Simply go to some ads for real ranches, unlike your Beltway condo, some in Kentucky and some in Humboldt. Pick the 25% that score the highest in ac. / a. u. to eliminate places with a nice water flow. And _show_ us that there's no difference in grazing quality between your dead hills and Kentucky's green ones. You won't, because you can't stand the light of day. So lets' hear it: ac. / a. u. for your place? The other day was the first time you ever heard of animal units, wasn't it?

Bill
S. Oregon coast

Lynda wrote:

Hmmmm, pondering why I would use terms "ranchers" use to someone who is just a city slicker with grandious visions of nonsensical things he wants to do to land without any facts to ground them in.

Except for the fact that six sheep do fine here how one one acre of the poorest land (oh, I forgot, all land is equally good) on flake of alfalfa a day.

Like those Jews who continued plagued the "natives" in Germany:

OR any inherent connection to the land.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

It's possible that all these people are liars, like the government
researchers who prepared the Coos County Soil Survey. If not, then
maybe Lynda can just save us all some time and tell us what her carrying
capacity for nonirrigated grazing is, or the average for the countless
other ranches she's familiar with, and we can all compare it to what we
have at our own places. I would think that now that she's a great land
baroness, she would know how to describe her land in terms that ranchers
use. Lies take many paragraphs of anecdotes, but the truth just takes
just one little floating-point quantity to reveal.

Bill
S. Oregon coast