homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tvo post Mar 98- Trashland Treasure
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:27:25 -0700

Actually there's right in your county's Soil Survey, if you knew anything at all.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

Lynda wrote:

No, they are the ideal for a given area, not a specific piece of property AND in many cases, ie. real estate ads, it is just pure wishful thinking or blantant b.s. dreamed up by a real estate agent!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

The carrying capacity given in real estate ads or soil survey tables
would no doubt be the maximum that can be acheived under conditions of
proper management. Certainly this quantity has no minimum.

I would estimate my maximum carrying capacity at around 1.5, or better,
once the new pasture is planted. So on 2.5 acres I can keep about 10
sheep (6 sheep = 1 steer for this purpose).