homestead - Re: [Homestead] used tractors

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] used tractors
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:24:34 -0400

mark rousseau wrote:

Not sure if this was mentioned but Could renting a walk behind mower for a weekend work? This would let you know real fast if the walkbehind solution would work.

True.
In fact, just last night we were discussing rental tractors. It might
be a better option financially for us to just rent a tractor a couple of
times a year. It would be inconvenient, but it would be a whole lot
cheaper than buying one, even an old one, in the short run, anyway. I
just don't want to be saddled with a lot of debt. We are at a point
where anything could break at any time, and I'd like to keep my options
open. You know...the washer and dryer are old, the frig is old, the
freezers are old, the hot water heater is old, the trucks are old, the
house AC is on the blink....etc. ad nauseum.
All that aside, man, it is really nice out there today, Autumn weather
is almost here...I got a lot of work done today. If the wind would die
down just a bit, I could burn some of these brush piles....of course, if
I had a tractor, I could simply move them to an out of the way spot,
turn the pile every once in a while and go back in a few years and reap
the compost. :)

Bev

Bev
--
Bevanron in NW Georgia EarthNSky Farm 34.498N 85.076W
SISU! (Finnish--There is no single word in English that encompasses