homestead - Re: [Homestead] used tractors

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] used tractors
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:53:04 -0500

Bev,

Back when, my ex and I bought a used Alis Chalmers, 52 hp wide front tractor
with brush hog (no front end loader) for $3000. It ran well. It took a lot
of searching to find one that cheap. We went to auctions and haunted the
papers and Internet for many months, searching. We finally found the listing
in a small town shopper. I don't know what you could find for $2000, but my
guess is that whatever you would find would likely need some work. Good luck
and keep us posted?

Gloria